5 Fav Hemp Seed Oil Benefits (Getting High Isn't One of Them!)
It's always exciting when new products hit the shelves.
Especially when it's in our organics range which you, our whole foods community, have shown so much interest in!
And of the new range, we’re especially pumped about the top-selling hemp seed oil from our friends at Good Pantry.
For those unfamiliar, hemp seed oil is extracted from a different variety of cannabis plant from that which you’re likely thinking of. It is free of THC, the psychoactive properties present in marijuana so ingesting it will not get you ‘high’ (sorry to disappoint!).
However, the nutritional and medical benefits have been recognised for centuries and more are discovered every day!
Here are a few of our favs:
- Hemp seed oil contains 75-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats) and is reputed to be the most unsaturated oil derived from the plant kingdom.
- The essential fatty acids contained in hemp seed oil are required in our diet more than any other vitamins, yet our bodies do not naturally produce them.
- It has been dubbed "nature's most perfectly balanced oil", due to the fact that it contains the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (linolei/LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/LNA) essential fatty acids, identified as the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition.
- Hemp actually contains more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of Chia or Flax.
- The fatty acids in hemp seed oil nourish and moisturise your skin in the right manner and sufficient amount. It has an anti-ageing benefit and is reported to prevent skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, acne and dry skin.
And if that's not enough to convince you, maybe the beautiful nutty/earthy flavours will! Perfect for use as a dressing over salads, added to smoothies or simply taken first thing in the morning at the 1 tablespoon daily recommended amount.
While you're here, feel free to check out our constantly expanding range of organic products and pick up some hemp seed oil to experience the health benefits for yourself today.
We'd love to hear what you think about it in the comments section below!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.